This is a topic that nobody asked for, but everyone needs...
Let me start by saying - you can not and should not try to revoke your partner's consent. If they truly are uncomfortable with the idea/experience - not only could that hurt your relationship, but if I catch the smallest idea that anyone is uncomfortable or has been coerced, you will be turned away and the session will not go forward.
That being said, some partners (particularly our male partners) are open to the idea, but the nerves get the best of them
This blog is for those partners. So, again, do not push your partner's boundaries. But maybe show them this blog lol.
So, if you're reading this, your partner may be trying to convince you that this an intimate boudoir couples shoot a good idea.
While I agree with them, I want to share some important misconceptions that people often have of boudoir shoots, and why you may feel more comfortable doing it, and might even enjoy it, more than you're anticipating.
- "Full face is required/involved and I don't want anyone to see these." First of all, sharing of your images on my end is never required. You are welcome to keep your intimate images for your eyes only. Second, if you do decide to share any, my style is much more body-focused than face-focused. Your face likely won't show in any/most of the gallery.
- "I don't know what to do/I'm awkward." Heads up - everyone thinks that. Even the most confident people who waltz into my studio don't know what to do. Good news for you! Your part of the session is easy. At most, you're gonna be sitting down and grabbing booty or enjoying the view of your partner.
- "I don't like being photographed." That's fair, a lot of people don't. However, you and your partner might feel a bit weird for a few minutes, but after that you guys will have a fun, intimate experience based on connection. You will be surprised at how fast goes by, and how much you cherish those intimate memories. Again, let me reassure you that full-face views are not likely in a session with me. We will be primarily focusing on the bodies.
- "It's going to be boring/torturous." FALSE. A session with me is never boring. I am goofy, fun and laidback. You won't feel stiff, awkward or bored around me. In fact, you'll have a lot more fun than you think and this is sure to be an intimate date night you never forget.
- "What about... getting excited...?" I know, some male partners are worried about getting a public...excitement. We are all adults here. Although there are solid boundaries in place, and we will never cross the line between implied and er*tica, I am comfortable with people getting excited as what we are doing is pretty spicy! Don't stress. I promise not to make eye contact.
- "I won't look good." OK, false again! So many people think this, and in the images you're about to see, both parties were filled with nerves, anxiety and doubts. They still look fire, because they trusted me, and felt comfortable with me. Look through the images below, and click here to see my fave couples' shots.